Making the World a Better Place For All of Us
Make a Donation
Join the Movement
Founded upon personal tragedy, it is our vision to conquer alcohol and drug dependence by turning the fear, grief and helplessness caused from this disease into awareness, compassion, and support. It is the mission of the Brent Shapiro Foundation for Alcohol and Drug Awareness to become the national
leader in the fight against drug and alcohol dependence by:
- Raising awareness through education.
- Removing the stigma and isolation associated with this disease by inviting everyone to join in a national dialogue.
- Providing support to parents on how to communicate with their children and with other parents about alcohol and drugs.
- Creating educational tools designed to help parents, teachers and communities to identify when necessary, to intervene with those as high-risk.
- It is our belief that the solution lies in a new, different and fresh approach. We intend to use a simple model of educating parents, teachers, children and communities about this disease.
We believe that increasing awareness is the first step to change – change in the way this disease is viewed; change in the way it is identified and prevented; and change in the way people who have this disease are viewed by society.
We don’t want to see any kids ever fall into the trap of drug and alcohol addiction!
We know every one of them has the opportunity for a great future and we want to help them reach all of their dreams and plans.
All Current Campaigns