BSFDA respects the privacy of every individual who visits our Website. This notice explains our online information practices. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide you with notice and choices about the collection and use of your information. To make this notice easy to find, links are provided at the bottom of our homepage and on every page within our Website.
What Personal Information About Customers Does BrentShapiro.org Gather?
The information we learn from visitors helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at BrentShapiro.org. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website, send us via e-mail, or give to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our Website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses BrentShapiro.org. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Websites anonymously, such as www.anonymizer.com, www.IDzap.com, and www.somebody.net. We cannot vouch for the effectiveness of any of these products. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/sitesee.htm.
- Registration : If you choose to sign our Guestbook, you must first become a registered BrentShapiro.org Web user. We retain the information you enter so that you will not have to reenter the information each time you access our Web site. These preferences may include requests for email, newsletters, information on opportunities to volunteer, and e-mail preferences. You can access your profile by entering your user name and password each time you use the Web site. You are not required, however, to enter your name or mailing address as part of the registration process.
- Merchandise orders : If you choose to order merchandise, we collect standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date, billing address) and keep a record of your financial transaction. Credit card numbers are held by BSFDA only until the charge can be processed (usually several minutes), then the number is only available to BSFDA personnel for purposes of problem resolution.
- Contributions : If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Your financial information will be treated as described above in “Merchandise orders.”
- Public Forums : If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, news group or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
What About Cookies?
- When you visit our Website or click through hyperlinks appearing thereon, or use one or more of our services, we may use an industry-wide technology called “cookies” which stores certain information on your computer and which will allow us to customize your experience to better match your interests and preferences.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to delete cookies, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of BrentShapiro.org’s features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does BrentShapiro.org Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. In general, BSFDA may use non-personally identifiable information about you to improve and enhance the services we provide. BSFDA may share this information with third-parties in non-personal aggregate form to show general demographic and preference information among users of the Website. This information will not include personal information, such as your e-mail address.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of BSFDA and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BSFDA, BrentShapiro.org, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from visitors for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice by e-mail when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. It is your responsibility to keep your e-mail address current with BSFDA so that you can be notified. BSFDA cannot guarantee that consent requests will be delivered.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We use reasonable security methods to protect the data that resides on our servers. However, because no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the safety of our servers. It is also possible that information you supply to us will be intercepted during transmission.
- Whenever you give BSFDA sensitive information (e.g., credit card numbers), BSFDA will take commercially reasonable steps to protect such information by establishing a secure connection with your Web browser.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Linking to other Websites is an integral part of the functionality of the Internet, including our Website and our service. Any link to a page which displays a URL other than a domain name that contains BrentShapiro.org in the address window of your browser is a link to a site outside of our service and thus outside of the control of BSFDA. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party websites.
Please see our Linking Policy for further details.
What Choices Do I Have?
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- To opt out of a specific service, click here for an “opt out” form.
- If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
- If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner, regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using “Contact Us.”
How can I access the information you have about me?
Upon request, we will provide you with the contact information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. This information will be sent via postal mail, which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Please contact us by email or in writing at:
Security and Privacy Requests
The Brent Shapiro Foundation for Drug Awareness
10250 Constellation Boulevard , 18th Floor
Los Angeles , CA 90067
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
Are Children Allowed to Use BrentShapiro.org?
BSFDA respects the privacy of children. BSFDA particularly recognizes the sensitivity of personal information concerning children under the age of 13 and therefore provides this special notice to parent(s) or guardian(s) regarding the collection and use of information collected from children in this group: The Website and the services provided thereon are intended for access and use strictly by adults over 18 years of age and persons ages 13-18 with the consent of their parent or guardian. As such, it is not BSFDA’s intention to collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. Although BSFDA does not seek to collect any information from children under the age of 13, should you find that your child has submitted his/her information, BSFDA will make reasonable efforts to delete a child’s information from its database upon request. You may request to have such information purged from BSFDA’s database by sending an request using any written method of contact . In the event that you are requesting such information to be purged from BSFDA’s database, please make sure to include the correct e-mail address that was submitted by the child.
How do I contact BrentShapiro.org?
For all the methods that you can contact us, please click here.